Building on the success of his previous titles, Close Up and Identical, Martin Schoeller’s momentousPortraits is cause for celebration. The illustrious photographer’s full range of expression is on display in this unprecedented gathering of editorial images. With an impressive amount of variety and scale, Schoeller shares his signature compositional imagination alongside the wry wit that animates his work. Whether portraits of political leaders, Hollywood stars, business entrepreneurs, or contemporary music royalty, these images are as daring as they are exacting, playful, and precise. Regardless of the subject and setting, Schoeller’s photographs seemingly come to life. WhilePortraits will surely thrill devoted fans, it will also attract new admirers with images they’ve noted in top magazines. Every frame in this expansive volume is touched with Schoeller’s distinctive flare for creating meticulously realized worlds—and confirm that he’s a talent that consistently resets the limits of photographic portraiture.
- A tour de force that provides a photographic master with a new scope to display his genius
- This ample volume features previously unpublished photographs from commissions for The New Yorker, TIME, and GQ, among others
- Pushes the boundaries of photographic styling and composition in novel and audacious ways
- From November 21, 2014 till February 28, 2015, the CWC Gallery in Berlin presents the exhibition „Portraits“ by Martin Schoeller.
- Experience Martin Schoeller's newest masterpiece as a limited Collector's Edition
- Contains one of two high-quality photoprints signed by Martin Schoeller
- Collector's Edition including the print George Clooney
Limited Edition of 100 Copies
c. 260 pp., hardcover with jacket, clamshell box, and
portfolio with one signed and numbered photoprint
c. 150 color and b/w photographs
Text in English
Format: 45x54 cm
Pre-Publication price until December 31, 2014
€ 1750, afterwards € 2000
Signed and numbered photoprint, limited to 50 copies, c. 43 x 52 cm / 17 x 20½ in.